Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sleepless Night

LR went down at the normal time last night, but his meds wore off around 11pm and that's when he started crying. It only lasted a few minutes and I debated going to get him the whole time. I heard him again just after midnight and then at 1:30. When he cried at 2am I went to get him and he was burning up. I felt so guilty for letting it go that long. I gave him Tylenol and walked him around until the fever started going down. At 3am I finally was able to put him back down. He woke up at 5am and Daddy took him so that I could get some sleep. Unfortunately the alarm went off at 6:30 and then I heard LR wake up from a short nap at 7:30. Oh well, it was time to get ready for work anyway.

While going thru the morning routine we decided we should hit the walk-in hour (8:30-9:30am) at our pediatrician's office. Daddy went to work while Gigi and I packed LR into the car. Dr Nick said it just sounded like a stomach bug and that he should be on the mend soon.

I came home to find a relatively happy baby, but he was super clingy and obviously wasn't feeling good by the end of the evening. He managed some rice cereal and pears, stars, and cheese. Daddy came home just in time to put LR to bed with a bottle. A half hour later LR was standing up in his crib screaming. I went in, picked him up, and found that he had wet thru his PJs. Daddy changed the crib saver, we changed his PJs, and I gave him the rest of his unfinished bedtime bottle. He was out again within 10 minutes. Really hoping he has a better night. I had forgotten how tough it is to go to work without much sleep.

No comments: