LR woke up at 5am with a fever of 100. When I picked him up, he was radiating heat from his whole body, but especially his hands, feet, and head. I gave him meds and some formula right away and the fever came down to 99.3 in an hour, but it took close to 3 hours for his fever to break. He was cranky off and on during the day and wouldn't let Gigi put him down for a nap. He would fall asleep in her arms, but them wake up and cry whenever she tried to put him down. She ended up holding him for 2 hours while he slept in the early afternoon.
When I got home, I put him in a box that arrived from amazon and pulled him around the house which he loved until I dumped him backwards when I tried to pull him along too fast. He was not thrilled with me at that point, but he signaled his forgiveness with a big open mouthed kiss/bite on my cheek. We read a new Baby Einstein book called Violet's House which is a giant touch and feel book. He loved it and I'm sure will be more enthused when he's feeling better.
Gave him dinner, but he didn't have a huge appetite. He perked up a bit in the bath after dinner and I think it helped to bring the fever down a bit. Got him into PJs and had no trouble putting him to bed. He was tuckered out from the day with a fever. Hoping the fever is gone by tomorrow so that he can get back to his normal bubbly self.
Oh, Gigi also set up a tent (using a sheet and his Jumperoo) for him today since he's really gotten into hiding under things: the coffee table, his Jumperoo, and any blankets I hold up for him. He crawled under it a number of times and seemed to like it.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment