
LR started the day at 5:30 which puts him back on schedule. Unfortunately, I had a migraine, so Daddy took LR for me and they played all morning. I came out at 7 feeling much improved and tried to wake up while Daddy fed him yogurt mixed with cottage cheese. Then I took LR and we played until 9 when he went down for his first nap. LR and I napped from 9-11 while Daddy ran some errands. When we woke, we met Daddy at Home Depot and then came back home for some lunch. He ate a large helping of cereal, pears, watermelon, and stars. He really enjoyed the watermelon. It's messy, but totally worth it.
After lunch it was time to play again. He's just started enjoying being chased by either one of us. If I get down level with him, he laughs and then heads across the room. I crawl or slide along beside him with him giggling the whole way. He also loves to hide under things. The dining room table is a recent favorite. So after playing for awhile we put LR in the stroller and headed to the grocery store. Picked up some food for him and a couple of vegetables to try. He really wants to feed himself, so I'm trying to get creative with the finger foods. The other night he ate cooked broccoli which I broke into small trees for him. I picked up some acorn squash, but I'm pretty sure he can't feed that one to himself. I assumed he would fall asleep during our walk, but he didn't. He hummed to himself a couple of times, but that was it.
When we got home, I gave him a bottle and just as he was getting to the last ounce, he fell asleep. He was out for an hour and then I woke him to go look at a 2 family house in Winchester. I don't know that I've ever purposely woken him from a nap, so I was pleasantly surprised by how happy he was afterward. He kicked and played in our arms as we walked around the house and the property. We came back home and ate our dinner while he had a little bit of a bunch of different things: some Gouda cheese, stars, pasta, Pirate's Booty, and corn and butternut squash from a jar. He drank some water, but he tends to throw the sippy cup over the side of the high chair and because I don't want that to turn into a game, he doesn't drink a lot during dinner. I make sure to give it back to him at the end though.
Daddy and I got a chance to play on the mats with him for a half hour or so after dinner. Daddy tried chasing LR around the living room which LR loved. He's also still enjoying the Mylar balloon. We picked up the play mat a bit and then it was off to bed. He wasn't terribly hungry for the formula, so I ended up bouncing him for 10 minutes before he was completely out.

No comments:
Post a Comment