LR was standing in his crib to greet me again yesterday morning. Really glad I lowered the crib last month. It was 6am which is late for him so I don't know if it was because they had a busy day and he didn't have a long nap in the afternoon or if it was because my book club was particularly noisy. Gigi decided to experiment by keeping him up in the afternoon instead of putting him down for his normal nap. Unfortunately for her he got over tired and incredibly cranky, so she finally put him down for a nap at 4:30 and he slept until 5. When I got home he seemed a little out of sorts and cranky, but no worse for wear.
Fed him a little on the early side. Gave him spinach and kale flavored Pirate's Booty - it's puffed corn and rice. I like their Cheese flavored stuff, but kale? Ewwww. LR loves it though. That was his appetizer. For dinner he had carrots mixed with vegetables. Because of the lack of sleep I had to feed and entertain him, so it was dinner and a show. After that I still had a fair amount of time to kill before bed time, so I plunked him into the bath where he is always content. Let him soak for awhile as he played with his foam letters and numbers. I can now dump a full cup of water over his head which makes shampooing him much easier. We've made a splashing game out of it, so he no longer minds.
After the bath I got him into PJs and we went out to the mats to play a little more. At 7:30 I gave him most of an 8 oz. bottle, but then he decided to play with the nipple. Even though he looked wide awake, I knew he was tired, so I bounced him for 5 minutes and he was out. This morning he didn't wake up until 6:20. Guess Gigi's experiment worked and I got close to 8 hours sleep! Felt bad telling her that it worked because he wasn't much fun for her yesterday. Not sure whether we should let him nap and wake up super early or disturb his afternoon nap so that he sleeps more at night. We'll see how today goes.
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment