Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Catch up

Ok, playing a little catch up here. We had a relaxing weekend for the most part. LR was content to accompany us to Costco on Sunday and didn't mind when I left for a massage on Saturday. Sunday we had our Social Butterflies class where LR showed off his jumping skills (again) and then crawled around greeting all the other babies. He stole toys from them, they stole them back, and a good time was had by all. The youngest one there wasn't thrilled when LR took his rattle, so we gave it back and distracted LR with a gummy ball with rivets all over it. Such fun stuff they have now... I would buy it if he wasn't so incredibly thrilled when I came home today and put him in a box that had arrived in the mail. Hours of fun!

He's dancing more often now when he hears music, especially when he's standing at his incrediblock and activating the music. He wiggles and smiles and I sit nearby waiting for him to bail over sideways, but he hasn't actually done that for awhile. He pulls himself up regularly on the coffee table and incrediblock and is significantly more stable than he was a few weeks ago. When we got home from the Social Butterflies class, Daddy and I watched him pull himself up on the coffee table and remarked that we were glad he wasn't cruising yet like his classmate who is 2 weeks older. As if he understood that we were comfortable in our current expectations of him, he began to casually cruise down the coffee table toward Daddy. What a comedian.

Today I came home to find a grumpy baby and after playing for a few minutes with a fair amount of whimpering, I leaned down to give him a hug and realized he was running a fever. Grabbed the thermometer and, sure enough, it was 100.5. No wonder. So I gave him meds and watched Sesame Street with him until he felt better. Then he ate a small dinner of stars, a biter biscuit, and half a banana. I cleaned him up and put him to bed with no resistance. Poor little guy.

(Will try to be better at blogging. Just been a little busy.)

No comments: