Thursday, June 01, 2006

Good naps

LR was up this morning at 6am which was a nice change. Usually he's up earlier. I think we're going to work on some blackout curtains this weekend. Right now I have a blanket over the shades, but it doesn't cover the whole thing.

LR took 4 ounces of formula and then played for almost 2 hours. Then he had yogurt and Gigi came upstairs for the day. From what I hear he went down for a long nap at 9 and then they went for a nice walk. It was a pretty hot day, so Gigi took lots of water with her and lathered him up with sunblock. He made friends at the grocery store with a young woman there. His new smile is very shy. He tucks his chin into his chest and puts his hands in his lap, then he puts on a big grin and bats his long eyelashes. Very cute.

Gigi found when she took him out of the stroller that he was soaked. I'm looking into what to do with the back of the stroller. It's fleece and it's too hot for the weather right now. 9 months of the year, it's perfect, but during the summer, it's going to be too warm. He napped again for over an hour in the afternoon and then played happily until I came home. He had a giggle fit when I got down on all fours to play with him. It was infectious and Gigi and I joined right in. For dinner he had green beans and rice along with some Zweiback toast which he loves. I'm on choking alert whenever he eats one though. (I have flashbacks of Aunt K being flipped upside down on a regular basis.) Then I cleaned him up, spent a few minutes relaxing out on the porch with him, and put him to bed with a bottle. Pretty easy day, all in all.

2 comments:

Mazurka said...

You know, I also have kept an eye on Bud with memories of Aunt K choking at every other meal. Bud does not seem prone to choking, fortunately. Aunt K just had a knack for it, apparently.

Rugger Mom said...

Good to hear. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, but maybe it was just Aunt K. He seems to be fine with the toast and biter biscuits.