LR finally slept through the night on Monday night after a week of being off schedule. Each time he woke up, I would go see if he needed more Tylenol. Then he was expecting me to come in, so it was a relief when he slept through to his normal 5:30 wakeup. The worst/best part is that when he wakes up and pulls himself up at the side of the crib, he calls out, "Ma ma ma ma!" Not sure why that's his first concrete syllable. Thought it was supposed to be "da da," but I'm not complaining. He's always hummed when being put to sleep, so he's been making the "mmmm" sound forever. Guess that's where it comes from. Anyway, it's tough to listen to him call for me and actually use "Ma ma." As if listening to him cry wasn't bad enough.
Yesterday I came home to a happy baby. Gigi said he had a big eating day. Glad his appetite is back. He had Pirate's Booty by the handful in the afternoon. None of us can figure out why he likes it. Spinach and kale flavored... yum! When I walked in the door he was having a dinner of shredded mozzarella, plain noodles, peas, and carrots. Once I came in he was too distracted to eat. (He wanted a hug.) After our hug I put him down to play on the floor and he proceeded to eat all the food he had dropped onto his high chair mat. (We put a clear plastic mat underneath the high chair because of the increasing amount of mess he was creating.) So he chomped on some stars from lunch and noodles from dinner. Daddy came home and questioned this new parenting style. I think he's still wary of when I tied the Mylar balloon to LR's leg and called it "creative parenting."
This morning he was up at 4:50! Gigi said today is the longest day of the year which may be one of the reasons he was up so early. Talked to SwingDaddy last night who said that he's going to look at some blackout blinds soon. We're probably going to do the same thing. Can't keep getting up before 5am. That's just brutal.
LR was content when I left, but probably going down for a nap soon. He's sleeping a little more during the day, so I think he's either growth spurting or just adjusting to his new found mobility. He crawls all over the house now and even shows signs that he wants to walk when we hold his hands. I don't expect he'll be an early walker, but who knows.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment