Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Soaring Temps

Yesterday and today it's hit the 100 degree mark. Apparently California sent their heat wave this way. LR and Gigi have been staying indoors for the most part. Daddy was up with him yesterday morning. They went out to the deck to play first thing. I woke up to find LR wearing some pretty grubby PJs. *sigh* Daddies...

This morning I took LR first thing, but when Daddy woke up he got ready then read to LR for awhile. LR was really enjoying the "Daddy and Me" book when I snapped this picture. Then he ate his yogurt and blueberries and we dressed him in a t-shirt shorty. Gigi came up and took over. He cried for 10 seconds when I walked away, but was distracted pretty easily.

I came home to find him well rested and enjoying a little Sesame Street. He always has a smile for me when I come home which I love. He wanted to walk first thing, so we did that for awhile while kicking along a ball. Sometimes he kicks it out in front of him, sometimes he steps on it, sometimes he steps over it and then wonders where it went.

For dinner he had pasta, broccoli and pinto beans. He had almost finished his broccoli when Gigi came in carrying a quarter of a watermelon. Boy did he start to yell! He made it perfectly clear that he wasn't going to eat another thing until he got some watermelon. I couldn't cut it fast enough. By the time he finished his face, arms and clothes were soaked with watermelon juice. Straight into the tub! I'm testing out letting him sit in the tub without the tub chair. He likes playing with the foam letters I stick on the wall of the tub, but I have to discourage him from standing. I put him in while the water runs in and he always wants to play with the rush of water coming from the spout. He splits his time between touching the waterfall and rubbing the water out of his eyes.

No comments: