Tues night I came home to find a happy baby who had napped sufficiently during the day. Gigi said he'd had a snack recently, so I was confused when he got fussy within a half hour. We were in the kitchen and he crawled up my legs to ask me to pick him up. I did and he went for the bowl of fresh tomatoes that Gigi has grown this summer on the deck. I cut up half a plum tomato for him, but since it was 6 I thought I still had half an hour before dinner time. I took him into the living room where he started to cry. He grabbed my hands and I thought that he was crying because he wanted to walk. So, I stood up and walked behind him. He made a B-line for the kitchen and when we got to the fridge, he let go of my hands and turned around to be picked up. I guess I wasn't smart enough to pick up on the first cues he gave me, so he brought me to the fridge. "Here, Mommy. I want what's in here. Geez..."
So I fed him dinner. He was ravenous. He ate the other half of the tomato, half an avocado, pasta, tofu, a waffle, and some cherries. It was a sight to see. He was stuffed, but enjoyed his bath regardless. I've stopped using the bath seat and now he splashes all over the place. It makes Daddy nervous, but no problems so far. He likes to play with the water coming out of the faucet, suck the water out of the washcloth, rearrange the foam letters all over the tile walls, and use a washcloth as a splashing device. After the bath I went off to the gym and Daddy put LR to bed. I guess it was a little tough because he was so full from dinner he didn't want much of his bottle. He went to sleep a little later than normal that night.
Wednesday we all got up just before 6. LR didn't wake up in the middle of the night, so we all slept well. He got his usual yogurt and blueberries for breakfast although Daddy has started mixing the vanilla and the plain yogurt to reduce the amount of sugar he's consuming. LR, of course, wanted to walk from the moment he woke up. His favorite game while walking is to kick a ball in front of him as he goes. I've mentioned it before, but he's getting so much better at it that I thought it was worth mentioning again. The run up to the ball even makes him giggle.
When I got home last night, LR was reclining on Gigi and watching Sesame Street. Apparently he had been trying to tear apart the kitchen, so she was trying to distract him. That and he had missed his afternoon nap, so he was kind of cranky too. He almost fell asleep during a very small dinner, but he perked up during the bath and then we played with Daddy until 7:45. Then he took a bottle and was fast asleep in no time. He woke up this morning at 6:15. How nice!
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment