Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Little Things

LR was up at 6:15 on Tuesday morning. I heard him, but let him talk to himself until 6:45. Maybe his schedule actually is adjusting. He had wet through a touch, so we changed him and got him into his day clothes. (Usually Gigi does that.) Then we played and got ready for work. Gigi reported that during the day he was very adventurous. At one point she was at the kitchen sink and when she turned around, LR was kneeling in his old bouncy seat, which we keep around for his friend King J, and vigorously bouncing it with his hands on the back of the seat. Scary, sure, but a ton of fun! Right before I came home, he found the bottle we had lost a little while ago and took a few swigs of some nasty formula only to have it come right back up on him. Surprise!

I got home and played with him until dinner time. We had a ton of fun despite the fact that he'd skipped his afternoon nap. We played a lot of peek-a-boo around the couch and his jumperoo. He bounced his soccer ball on a string and we read a few books. I have to get him bouncing his soccer ball on video. Because he does it with such determination, it's entertaining. Sometimes I forget to write the little things he does that are so amazing to me. He still loves to kick a ball along as he practices walking. He now knows that he can be picked up if he lets go of your hands while walking and turns and clings onto your legs. This means, "take me over the gate" or "I want to go outside." Every once it awhile it just means, "pick me up!" In the bath he loves it when I fill a large cup full of water and pour it out in front of him. He smiles and tries to grab the water as it streams out of the cup. He can see it and touch it, but not grab it. It baffles him. He babbles non-stop now. He loves to talk and I'm curious what his first word will be.

His eyes were at half mast at dinner, but he dutifully crammed mashed potatoes, meatballs, and watermelon in his mouth. I finally took him out and put him in the bath to wake him up. It worked, but he was pretty sedate the rest of the evening. Daddy got home in time to say good night to LR. He fell asleep on the bottle and went into the crib without a problem. He cried out at midnight in his sleep. I went in and picked him up and comforted him for a few minutes then put him back in his crib. He cried when he saw me walk out, but face planted right afterward and was fast asleep.

No comments: