Monday, August 07, 2006

Off Schedule?

LR continues to be a little off schedule. Last night he woke up just after midnight and then again at 4am. I rocked him back to sleep the first time and Daddy gave him a bottle the second time. He woke for good just after 6. Daddy played with him while I got another half hour of sleep. Then it was time to get ready for work. I'll played with him and he picked up his big plastic cell phone for the first time in awhile. He used to play with it non-stop, but it hasn't been a recent favorite. Despite the drop in enthusiasm for it, he hadn't forgotten that his favorite button makes the bee buzzing sound. The phone has to be displaying a particular screen for the yellow button to make that noise and he figured that out quickly. Gigi makes the buzzing sound and then stings/tickles him. She said they played that game a lot today. Daddy played a quick game of chase around the couch which makes him giggle and then we were off to work.

Gigi said he had a long first nap, but only 20 minutes in the afternoon. He was pretty cranky when I got home. He was watching Sesame Street in Gigi's lap and was subdued momentarily. Gigi went downstairs and since Daddy was at a sales dinner, I was on my own. We played for a little while. I tried getting a good look at his ankle which I nicked while changing him a day or two ago with my thumb nail. (In my defense, he was kicking really hard at the time.) It got infected today and Gigi had soaked it, put Neosporin on it, and put a band-aid on. I was pretty mortified when I saw the quarter size red swelling around the tiny cut. Nothing like a little guilt to end the day... and then it was time for dinner.

He ate some pasta, a little tofu, a few spoonfuls of carrot - he's really rejected jarred food for the most part - and we ended with a waffle. I need to spend some time with a baby food book. I haven't been very creative with his food despite the fact that he can eat a wide variety now. I put him to sleep with a bottle and a goodnight kiss. He talked to himself for awhile, cried out once and then passed out face first. Hoping he doesn't wake again tonight.

No comments: