LR was up at 6:30, but only because Daddy's cell phone rang. The morning routine was normal, but he's definitely eating more than he used to. Because he's started sleeping in, I've stopped giving him a morning bottle. He was only taking a couple ounces and he doesn't seem to miss it. LR decided he needed a big nap yesterday, so he slept from 10am-1pm. A 3 hour nap! Gigi barely knew what to do with herself. When I got home he was zoning in front of Sesame Street and looked like he could use a nap.
Instead of napping, we played until dinner time. He showed me how he now likes to spin in a circle while sitting on the hardwood floor. I needed some water, so I carried him to the sink and put a small amount of water into a glass for me. I got a sip, then he took it from me and took a very careful sip himself. It's a huge improvement over the pour-water-on-myself-and-then-choke-on-the-gushing-water type of sip he used to take. Then he did something I haven't seen before. He carefully held the cup to my lips and tipped the glass for me to take a turn. Then he gave himself more, then it was my turn and I guess I didn't open my mouth fast enough because I got water dumped down my shirt. Very funny, little guy. Then he washed his hands in the water remaining in the cup.
For both lunch and dinner, he ate like a horse. Lunch consisted of watermelon, avocado, half a grilled cheese sandwich, and tomatoes. Dinner was an all white affair: spaghetti squash, tofu, pasta, and cottage cheese. I actually cut him off before he made himself sick. Bath routine was fun as always and then Daddy put him to bed without a whimper.
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment