Sunday, August 20, 2006

To the Aquarium

LR woke up nice and late today. Since Daddy and I went to sleep around 9:30 on Sat, we got in a whole 9 hours! I don't remember the last time that happened. Since Daddy missed out on the zoo yesterday and since Gigi will be leaving all too soon, we decided we should go to the aquarium downtown. It was indoors, so I expected it to be cooler than the zoo. I was shocked to see the snaking line to get tickets to go in! Daddy stood in line while we watched the seals and then LR decided it was time to chase some pigeons. We could have saved some money on the tickets and just let him chase birds! We went in and found that it was almost as warm inside and completely packed full of people.

We managed to view a bunch of fish and LR even got to touch a starfish. He seemed to enjoy, but was just as happy when we got out and spent some time hanging out in a shady spot on the wharf. Each of us took turns walking him. Then he sat down to share some grapes with me. I guess a few of them were sour.

When we got home it was definitely time for his second nap and he went down quickly. Then we relaxed for the next 45 minutes or so. Then he was up again and ready to play about 20 minutes after that. Apparently he takes after his mother since he doesn't want to talk to anyone for the first 20 minutes after waking up. A quick game of peekaboo solved the problem. We let him watch a few minutes of Sesame Street and then it was time to walk again. He played behind Gigi as she made Daddy a special birthday dinner and then had a dinner of avocado, tomatoes, cantaloupe, and waffle. The bath was fun as always and he got his very first haircut just after. His bangs had started to get in his eyes, so I took off a little less than an inch while Daddy distracted him. I'll try to get the hair over his ears tomorrow. After the haircut and a little more Sesame Street he went to bed without a fuss. It was quite the wild animal weekend!

No comments: