Monday, August 28, 2006

Sleepy Day

LR woke up close to 7am this morning. What a change! I couldn't believe that Daddy and I woke up before him. We went through the normal morning routine except that we skipped the morning bottle since we were already so close to breakfast time. Daddy fed him yogurt, blueberries and watermelon while I got ready for work. Gigi came up before I had him dressed for the day. She picked out his clothes and unknowingly dressed them in matching outfits. So cute! We snapped this pic on our way out the door. I told Gigi about his adjusted schedule and when I talked to her in the evening, she said he fell asleep a little late for his morning nap (10:15am), but didn't wake for 2 and a half hours! She didn't expect he'd take an afternoon nap after that, but he got really fussy late afternoon and ended up falling asleep just before I got home. He slept for an hour and I woke him so that he'd go back to sleep at bed time.

To wake him I picked him up out of the crib and let him rest on my shoulder until he was really awake. He woke up very happy. I guess I would too if I'd had 15 hours of sleep. I'm thinking he's having a growth spurt, thus, the two new teeth and the increasing number of hours spent sleeping. We played the rest of the evening, had a dinner of mashed potatoes and meatballs, and then took a bath. We tried a quick video conference call with the grandparents and Aunt K, but the video froze on both ends and after another attempt, we called it a night. LR was starting to rub his eyes and I took it as a sign to put him to bed. We went to his room and read a book. Then he took some of his bottle, but instead of falling asleep, he sat up and pushed the half empty bottle away. I put him in his crib and he protested only briefly. After I walked out I listened to him talk to himself for almost a half hour before falling asleep. We'll see if he sleeps later into the morning because of it.

No comments: