Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Nothing Like a Good Gag

LR had just woken up from a nice long nap when I got home last night, so he was in a great mood. We played and I saw a few minutes of the 37th anniversary episode of Sesame Street where they introduced a new female character, Abby Cadabby. Lots of bloggers have been tearing into this new character, but I'm waiting to see more of her before passing judgment.

LR discovered a new trick at dinner last night. First he tried his first slice of pizza - he ate half of one and threw the other pieces over the edge of the tray. Then he had a good helping of tofu and a bunch of strawberries. Then he decided to gag himself. "Gee... that was fun. I'll do it again!" He must have gagged himself half a dozen times before I caught on and held his hands. He's wily though (read: he had slippery hands from the tofu and strawberries) and managed to gag himself again. I whipped him out of the chair and quickly started a bath to distract him. He loves the bath so much that he completely forgot about how fun it was to gag himself. Thank goodness... with a full belly, I was concerned that continual gagging could really only lead us one place.

The bath proved to be a ton of fun. Daddy came home mid-bath and captured LR vigorously splashing on video. It's like a sport to him... splashing takes endurance, concentration, and strong core muscles. I was worn out from laughing before he was done. I'll have to try to get a clip posted soon. Because he was wound up from the bath, LR didn't go to sleep until a little after 8. Daddy read him a bunch of books before bed and then I gave him a bottle and put him in the crib. He wasn't really sleepy at that point, but he talked to himself until he did fall asleep. I went in around 10 and unwrapped him a bit. He managed to wind the blanket around himself cocoon-like. It wasn't covering his head, but I took it off him regardless.

This morning I heard him at 3:45 and then again at 4:30. Daddy and I listened for a little while and luckily he went back to sleep on his own. He finally woke up again at 6:15 which was perfect for us! We all got up and played a little while. Then while I showered Daddy fed him. I was getting dressed when I heard Daddy call my name. When I came into the dining room I found Daddy was restraining LR to keep him from gagging himself. Looks like it wasn't a one time thing.

No comments: