Gigi went away for a long weekend, so I got our soon-to-be part time nanny (we'll call her Nanny M) to try a full day with LR. I was planning to work from home all day Thur, so after Nanny M arrived we went through a bit of the morning routine and then put him down for his nap. When he woke up he showed Nanny M how much he liked mashed potatoes. So much so that we had to change his whole outfit afterwards. LR seemed to like her well enough and I got an email saying we were having an emergency company meeting, so I put on some office clothes (read jeans and a t-shirt) and headed into the office for the afternoon. Turns out our CEO resigned which is a good/great thing. Apparently he was unwilling to give me part-time and our new management team didn't have a problem with it. Hooray for part-time starting mid-Sept!
Nanny M reported that they went for a walk and then played most of the day. No afternoon nap, so I guess he was a little cranky towards the end of the day. She did comment on how much he does not like to be changed. I hear ya, sister. We often tag team him to keep him entertained while we change him. Daddy put him to bed as I ran off to a Discovery Toys party which is much like a Tupperware party, but we got to demo toys! I was too tired to really get into it, but I found a few toys for LR for his upcoming birthday which I'll probably give him during our flight to Denver.
LR was up around 6 on Friday and Nanny M arrived early. LR gave her a smile from his highchair, so I felt comfortable leaving him for the day. Right before Daddy and I left, Daddy discovered that his left top tooth was close to breaking through. We gave Nanny M the news with a grin and a "have fun!" Initiation by fire, no? It was a rainy day, so they didn't get to go outside and unfortunately his first nap was for 2 hours, so he decided to skip that afternoon nap again. Daddy arrived home 5 minutes before I did and was playing with LR on the mats when I walked in. He crawled to me and I picked him up. Within a minute he started to cry and I thought it was just because he wanted to go over the gate that I was standing next to. (He often cries if I don't take him "over the wall.") I said goodbye to Nanny M and took LR up to the third floor for him to explore and to distract him. After a few minutes I noticed that his mouth was unusually red and I thought he must have just eaten strawberries. Then I realized his mouth was full of blood. I came running downstairs to show Daddy and we determined that he had cried a few minutes earlier because the gum over the tooth had torn open. It stopped bleeding a few minutes later although he really wouldn't let me near his mouth. I got a look at the gum later in the evening and it was a mess. The gum was jagged and multi-colored. His bottom teeth didn't look anything like that when they broke through. We thought maybe he accidentally bit the spot with his lower teeth and that's why it bled. Anyway, it looks better today and I can see a white spot and feel the new tooth.
This morning he woke at 5 but put himself back to sleep. He woke for good at 6 and we all got up to play. After breakfast, where he got frozen bananas to help that gum line, we got dressed and walked to Wild Oats, our organic/healthy/expensive grocery store. LR seemed entertained, but I knew he wouldn't make it back awake. Sure enough he passed out in the stroller and I was able to transfer him to the crib without any problems. He's there now and I expect down for awhile.
Saturday, August 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment