LR had an odd weekend. Guess he's decided it's time to shake things up a little bit. Saturday we spent doing some odds n' ends around the house. When LR went down for his first nap we finished water proofing the deck. After he woke, we ran to the grocery store where I finally had a chance to use the cart seat cover that I ordered. It worked wonderfully except LR was tired and wanted to be held instead of sitting in the cart. I ended up huging him while he sat in the cart. It was a little tough to steer, but he just wouldn't let go. So, all of a sudden he's become very cuddly. He wants to hug all the time. Don't know if he's teething or just entering a new stage. He still wants to walk, but as often as not he wants to be picked up and held.
After we got home from grocery shopping, LR went right down for another nap. He slept for a little over an hour. When he woke we played for awhile and practiced with his walker. When he grabs my hands to walk I give him one and then hold my second hand in front of him. He'll take a few steps toward my hand. We're up to 5 steps one handed now. In the evening we spent some time visiting with Uncle NY who was up for the weekend for a RedSox game. Bedtime was pretty uneventful. Unfortunately, Sat night was a tough one. He woke at midnight, 3, 4:30, and then 5:45 for good. Not sure what happened. I'm thinking he got overheated, but maybe it goes hand-in-hand with whatever is making him want to cuddle so much. It's time for him to get his top two teeth and he is starting to drool more. Who knows...
Sunday he was off schedule because of the poor night's sleep. Everything was shifted about an hour earlier. Between naps 1 and 2 he rubbed his eyes and acted tired most of the time. I think he was relieved when I finally put him down for that second nap. After the nap he ate his weight in watermelon and was pretty happy. Gigi's friend was visiting and she kept him very entertained. She has 37 great nieces and nephews, so she certainly knew how to make him laugh. Gigi and her friend watched him for a little while in the afternoon while we went to a few open houses. Then we came home and fed him a dinner of bread, avocado and strawberries. He was thrilled with the menu. I also introduced him to mashed potatoes (which he loved) somewhere in there this weekend, I just can't remember when. He slept better last night, but still woke at midnight and cried for a few minutes.
This morning he cried when I left for the first time. Hoping that doesn't become a daily ritual...
Monday, July 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment