So we've been under the impression that LR was just an early riser and we needed to get used to it, but the past 2 mornings have been a little different. Sunday morning he woke up at 4:45 because his legs got caught in the crib slats. I went in and got him and then he seemed like he was awake. I, however, was not. I made him a bottle and took him back to his room where he drank half and the other half ended up leaking out all over both of us. I guess I picked up one of the new nipples and hadn't bothered to seat it correctly in the screw cap. *sigh* So I changed my shirt and put him in a new sleeper. Then I let him play around on his floor for a half hour. Then he needed to be changed again. (He's a morning pooper - like clockwork.) When I changed him I noticed that his normal I-don't-want-to-be-changed fuss was combined with an I'm-tired whine. He rubbed his eyes a few times, so after he was changed, I bounced with him on the exercise ball a few hundred times. He closed his eyes, so I tried to put him in the crib, but he woke up. I then rocked him in the glider for 5 minutes and he was out again. This time I took him to bed with me and, miracle of miracles, he slept for 2 more hours! I felt bad for the babysitter because I knew he'd be completely off schedule. She seemed to cope without a problem though.
Today he woke at 5:15 and I went through pretty much an identical routine sans the formula spillage. He slept until 7:45 and might have gone longer, but I dropped a plastic cup in the kitchen. Oh well. Gigi reported that he took his same naps, just an hour and a half later on average. He seemed happy when I got home and I guess he was all day for the most part. I just put him down at his normal time, so that hasn't changed. Maybe we have a new schedule?
Dinner consisted of blueberries (new food), pasta, cheese, and carrots. He's waving more often now which makes me think he's trying to get a handle on the signs for "mommy" and "daddy" since you basically wave your hand in front of your face. Not sure if it's wishful thinking or not.
Monday, July 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment