Monday, July 24, 2006

Pump up the Volume

LR was up at 5:20 this morning. Last week I experimented with altering his schedule to make him wake up later, but he seems to be back to his old tricks. I was exhausted, so not very playful for him this morning. Daddy let me get another half hour and then we did a quick tag team to get ready for work. Gigi called in sick today, so Daddy worked from home in the morning while I ran to the office. Daddy really got the easy shift since 2 hours in the morning is taken up by his nap, but I'm not complaining. Ok, I'm complaining a little.

Daddy fed him lunch before I got home and apparently they also took a quick walk in the gorgeous weather. I put him down for his second nap soon after coming home, but it only lasted 40 minutes or so. It took him a little while to shake off the nap, but once he did we had a great time playing in the kitchen. I let him pull out metal bowls and his big wooden spoons. He put on a real show for me while I baked some cupcakes. I gave him a snack of stars, cheese, and water which he ate from a large tupperware bowl on the floor. The cheese ended up crumbling all over the floor, but he was content, so I didn't mind. Then we took a quick walk to the park where I put him in the swing for a few minutes. I realized it was just a little too hot to be out though, so I cut our outing short and brought him home. After that he was a little cranky. I think the afternoon nap was just too short. He was tired during dinner and even let me spoon feed him carrots! He's been rejecting jarred food for awhile, so I was surprised. He ate his pasta and broccoli half heartedly, but he came to life when I brought him watermelon for dessert. I was afraid he was going to explode, but there was no way he was going to leave any watermelon on his tray.

Any time not eatting today was spent yelling. Not in an unhappy way, he's just testing out his volume control. He got really excited to see Gigi's dogs. He yelled and yelled and yelled at them when we went to visit her downstairs. "DA! BA! DA! DA! AHHHH!" Not really sure what to do with him when he does that. If I put him down on the floor when he's that excited, he'll just rip their tiny Westie ears off.

Daddy came home just in time to read LR some bedtime stories and put him to bed. His new PJs fit well and they're nice and soft. They're 18 month PJs and they fit well around his Buddha-belly, but the sleeves and legs are a little long. Built just like his parents!

No comments: