Saturday, July 15, 2006

New Sign


We had a very busy day today. Daddy got up with LR at 5:15. I joined them at 6:30. LR had his usual breakfast of Yo-Baby and stars. Then we walked and walked and walked and walked. He was tired out by 9 (I was tired out by 8) and went down for almost 2 hours. During that time Daddy and I got to work (knowing it would be our most productive time of the day). We water sealed half the deck, started work on 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, picked up the living room, and Daddy did a few small fix-it jobs around the house. LR woke up feeling very rested. After a little quality play time he had a lunch of cereal, applesauce, watermelon and cheese. He doesn't love the cereal any more, but we're still pushing it so that he gets the iron he needs.

After lunch we thought it'd be a good idea to run to the stores to get some bigger PJs for LR and a new baby monitor. Ours broke a few weeks ago. I tried to keep him awake on the ride there so that I could test out our brand new cart seat cover, but he nodded off just as we pulled up to the stores. *sigh* So Daddy drove around while I went into Babies R Us and I drove around while he ran into Home Depot. LR woke up when we got home, so it was a quick and early nap. At home we had a fun afternoon. We walked a lot, of course, but LR also showed us the sign for "ball." I didn't recognize it at first, but Daddy pointed it out. I thought LR was clapping, but he was putting his hands together just once when we showed him a small basketball. Then Daddy taught LR how to put the basketball through a small hoop that came with the tunnel system. Daddy would show LR how to do it and then lift LR who sometimes dropped the ball through the net and other times just held onto the net. It was very cool. I'll get a picture of it next time.

Oh and nothing makes LR laugh harder than when we play peek-a-boo around the small couch. He crawls around 3 sides to where I'm hiding and then I pop out and he shrieks. He loves to be surprised. It's half chase half peek-a-boo, I guess. That game went on for at least 15 minutes.

This evening our neighbors dropped off their 2 month old for a few hours until his Dad gets off work. The V-man is very cute, but reminds us why we love LR just where he is. LR was a little curious why I was holding a different baby, but at any given time he had one of our attentions, so he was content. So LR went to bed right at 7:30 and now we just have the V-man for another couple hours. In any case it was a pretty great day.

No comments: