Monday, July 10, 2006

Blowing Bubbles


(New photos added below.)
Woke up early this morning. 5:15 and I heard him call out. Daddy made a bottle and I tried to get him to go back to sleep, but it was a no-go. So we went out to the living room to play. He cruised around the coffee table and made sure to grab hold of my hands a few times to do some walking laps around the house. He has almost no stability, so he leans forward enough to go at a run. I'm terrified that I'll step on his feet while trying to hold him up.

Handed him off to Daddy while I grabbed a shower and then Gigi took over. Today they went to the mommy-movie at the Arlington theater. Unfortunately, he was a wiggle worm and mid-movie she had to take a break just to let him walk around in the lobby. She held him every which way, including upside-down, while trying to watch. Guess that's the last movie for awhile. He slept a bit on the walk home but woke up when she tried to transfer him to the crib.

When I got home I found a very happy LR. He was holding Gigi's hands and walked up to the gate at the top of the stairs to greet me. He was smiling and giggling. The past few days he's been imitating our laughs and makes a "hya-hya-hya" sound every few minutes. It keeps us laughing. After a dinner of broccoli, green beans, carrots, cheese, and watermelon (boy does he love watermelon) I got him into the bath. His favorite game in the bath now is to blow bubbles in a big cup of water that I use to dump water over his head. First I blow bubbles and then he takes the cup from me and he blows bubbles. When we first started the game a week ago he had a hard time figuring out when to take his mouth away from the cup so that he wouldn't inhale water. Now he's got it down. He blows bubbles, moves his mouth away and takes a breath. It's amazing how fast they learn. He thinks the game is a riot. I should really get him into swimming lessons especially since we looked at a house this weekend that has a pool!

No comments: