After a series of humid days in the 90s, we finally got the storm that broke the spell. The lightning and thunder rolled through around 4am. LR woke up screaming at 4:30 which was odd because the thunder never got very loud. I went in, made him a bottle and rocked him back to sleep. He came and slept with me until 6:30. Then we were both up for the day. I got ready for work while he played. Gigi came up and helped out so that I could get out the door.Gigi and LR took a long walk today and stopped at the farmers market in Arlington. They picked up fresh blueberries and raspberries. He had a slew of blueberries for dinner, some pasta and at least a quarter cup of cottage cheese. After dinner I gave him a bath where he immediately tried to dunk his face in the water. His enthusiasm gave him a mouth and nose full of water. He sputtered for awhile and was much more tentative about it afterward. I let him play for awhile, but when I got tired of chasing him around the tub and was good and wet, I took him out and dried him off. I've stopped trying to get him in PJs on the changing table. I'm happy with just getting the diaper on. Then I take him out to the living room to wrestle him into his clothes.
I let him crawl around the floor for awhile while Gigi and I ate dinner. Unfortunately, he gagged on something he found on the floor under his high chair and brought up a bit of his dinner. You should have seen my mommy-ninja like moves. He was in my arms when he started to gag and I whipped him around right as he barfed. I even got a kudos from master-Gigi who was watching. The picture at the top was taken moments later. He was obviously no worse for wear.

The second picture is an example of what he does every time he finds his blankey. He's even started to go looking for it when he's tired during the day. Even more obvious than sign language. I've told Gigi that she'll have to crochet another one before she leaves.

No comments:
Post a Comment