Tried his new schedule today with slightly less success. Took awhile to get him to go back to sleep this morning and then we only slept for another hour. I've yet to figure out how to get him back into the crib. So far he just cosleeps with me until he gets up again. When we woke up, I put him in the exersaucer while I showered and got ready for work. Just one more day until Daddy gets home from Portugal!
Gigi reported that he took a nap this morning, but didn't want to go down for his afternoon nap. When I got home from work he had just fallen asleep. He ended up sleeping from 5-6:15. I finally woke him up so that he would eat dinner and then go to bed. We played for awhile while he woke up and then I fed him blueberries and pasta. He wouldn't look at anything else while there were still blueberries on his tray. After dinner he took a nice long bath. I took him out of the bath chair and let him play in the tub for awhile. I was amazed when he decided he wanted to put his face into the water to see what it was like. I hadn't tried to introduce him to that other than practicing blowing bubbles in a full cup of water in the tub. He just put his nose and mouth in and I thought it was a fluke, but he did it 4 times during the bath. He also really wants to stand up in the tub, so I'm trying to discourage that.
After tub time I got him into PJs and he surprised me again. I had noticed (I think I mentioned it in the last post) that he's waving a whole lot more recently. So during the evening, I kept trying to get him to sign "mommy." No dice, but he did try to sign the itsy-bitsy-spider with me tonight. I sang it once and since I always clap at the end, he clapped with me. Then I decided to sing it again, curious if he would join in. He smiled for the first line, mimicked rain for the second line (I had always thought he was just waving his arms in excitement, but it's much more clear now), and raised his arms for the line about the sun. I was so thrilled to see his participation that I sang it for a third time. That time he just wanted a hug though. Fun evening!
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment