Friday, July 14, 2006

Turn Around

LR's big accomplishment over the past few days has been learning how to navigate the step from the kitchen into the laudry room. It's only about half a step, so it's a good one to learn on. Every time he gets to the top of the step, I say "turn around" and sign for him to turn. Up until yesterday I would have to follow the command by physically turning him around and helping him find the floor beneath the step with his foot. Yesterday we went through the routine and after a minute of smiling, he turned arond and reached down with his foot. Hooray! These little accomplishments are so amazing.

So everyone has sore backs. LR wants to walk all day long now. If you leave you hands out for him to grab, he'll try the "finger breaking" technique that I teach to my rugby players. Don't remember teaching him, but he picked it up somewhere. If you ever stop before he's ready to stop, you're rewarded with some loud shrieking and then a whine or two. You have to distract him with something else pretty quickly, for example banging a metal pot top on the ceramic tile floor. Boy, what a sound that makes! We can thank Gigi for that particular game.

Wednesday he was up at 5, so Daddy and I took turns. Even worse, Thursday he was up at 4:45! I let him talk to himself for awhile, but finally went to get him at 5. This morning he was up at 5:40, but I'm really hoping that since his bedtime has gone from7:30-7:45 that he'll start waking closer to 6am. That feels human at least. He really should be getting closer to 10 hours instead of 9. It wouldn't matter if I could only get to bed at 9. What time is it now? Damn, it's 9:30 already. I'm going to bed...

No comments: