This past weekend was our last with Gigi. She had some quality time with LR on Sat and then left Sunday morning. It hasn't been the same without her and I obviously can't put into words how much having her this year has meant to us as a family. LR has already adjusted to the new nanny, but I know every time he says "doggie" (officially his first word), he is talking about going to see Gigi downstairs. Wonder when he'll figure out that there's a new family downstairs and he's not allowed to go into their apartment any old time he wants.After Gigi left we ran some errands and then Daddy had a friend over to watch the Patriots game.
They were merrily chomping on some Tostitos when our little monster decided to join in the fun. While we all were looking at the TV, LR grabbed the bag off the coffee table and dumped the entire thing on the floor. Then he did what can only be described as "Tostitos angels." He tried eating a few, but kicking them around was more fun. *sigh* It was a weird coincidence that I had just picked up a Black&Decker Dust Buster. Whoo-hoo! One of my very own. I happily dust busted the crumbs after picking up the majority of the chips. LR was very helpful in getting them back into the bag.LR is really getting the hang of walking now. He'll walk without holding onto furniture even if it's within reach. 10 or 12 steps isn't unusual. And as I said before, he's saying "doggie" consistently. Well, for dogs and for everything else. We've also been doing a lot more dancing around the house. When Daddy puts on the XM techno channel (DirecTv channel 860 - The System), LR bounces and dances around. He just can't get enough techno. It makes for a very fun day.
Monday and Tuesday, LR had a substitute nanny since Nanny M was sick. The sub was wonderful and LR had a great time with her. Monday LR and I went to look at a house in Winchester that Daddy saw over the weekend. LR like the gas fireplace very much. Then we came home and played and went to rugby practice. He got lots of attention there, but now that we're past Homecoming, our practice field is covered in shattered glass. It appalling that the school continues to allow tailgating alums to bring glass bottles onto the field, but it happens every year. This year it's worse than most and we obviously can't do any more drills which would require the players to go to the ground. Come on... it's rugby! Anyway, LR continues to keep the players entertained with his antics. He pushes his stroller around the field and I can't keep him off the scrum sled.
Daddy took LR this evening while I ran off to a doctor appointment. Daddy fed him a good dinner and then plunked him in the bath. No hair washing though. I guess he missed the part of the day when LR smeared cheese in his hair. Oh well.

1 comment:
I haven't exposed Bud to much techno yet. He really seems to like modern swing variants... Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and the like. We'll have to try some techno, though.
Bud's favorite dance right now is grabbing one of my hands and running in a circle around me. That means I either have to spin or pass his grip from hand to hand. He loves it.
Post a Comment