
Made myself a veggie corndog for lunch yesterday. Guess who stole it. He looks innocent, but check out the fish hook he gives Daddy. Uncles Corbin and Keeper must've taught him that one. Don't trust this guy as far as you can throw him (which isn't that far now that he's 25 lbs). He's suddenly getting much longer too. Pants finally fit him without being rolled up. At his year appointment he was 70th percentile in length, 75th in weight, and 50th in head circumference. (Can't remember if I blogged about that before.)

Today we stayed busy. He was up just in time to see me out the door. He doesn't mind though because Daddy is the best playmate evah! When I got home he was happy but had only napped an hour. He had a big lunch and then helped me fold laundry. He started his Linus impression a little while later, so I knew it was time for an afternoon nap. He drags that blanket all over the house now. Gonna have to wash it more often. He took an hour nap and then it was time for rugby practice.

Although he woke up happy from that nap, he was pretty fussy during practice. He really has an agenda when he gets on the field and if I don't walk him the direction he wants to go, I'm gonna hear about it. The scrum sled looks a lot like playground equipment, so he spent a good 20 minutes on it. Unfortunately it rained all last night making our field pretty muddy. He played in the mud and then ate some of the mud. All the players know to watch for him putting grass, dirt and rocks in his mouth. Today I caught him scraping his teeth against a big rock. Eek! Just like nails on a chalkboard. I washed his hands as best I could when we got home, but the black didn't come out from under his nails until his bath. Daddy arrived while he was eating dinner.

Last picture is of LR sitting in one of his favorite spots, the threshold between the kitchen and the laundry room. It's a small step down which makes it perfect for him. He often pushes his walker over it and then follows after the path is clear. Then he turns the walker around and tries to come up the step with much less success. He yells until I come lift the walker up the step. Then it's "wash, rinse, repeat."
No comments:
Post a Comment