
Q: What do you do when you drop a piece of ice and can't pick it up off the floor?
A: You lick it off the floor, silly goose.
Today started at the normal time. I was out the door just before he woke up, but I made it back at the end of his morning nap. Apparently he was ravenous at breakfast and ate a ton of yogurt. Then he took a long morning nap. After lunch we went to the big grocery store where he was pretty good, but I had to feed him grapes most of the time to keep him from launching himself out of the cart seat. After two aisles of the security lock on the wheel locking up sporadically (Look, I'm fast! Now I'm slow. I'm fast again! D'oh), I had to do a full equipment change. I dragged the cart to the door, ran through the sliding doors, grabbed a new cart, and returned to LR hoping that I hadn't looked like a woman abandoning her child. I transferred the goods and re-seated LR. Grocery shopping is more than an adventure in planning and time management. It's almost a full contact sport! (And it would have been too if I hadn't made it to the last cantaloupe before the spry-looking 80 year old did.)
At home we played chase for awhile and then he was content to pull out the majority of his toys and books while I worked on the practice plan. At practice he was entertained by an injured player for the first half and then joined us for team discussions between drills. It was tough for them to stay focused on what I was talking about while he was being adorable. He loves to tumble around on the rucking pads, using them like gymnastics equipment. And he showed them how he can force a laugh if they're going to laugh too.
Daddy was home soon after practice and helped me feed LR a huge dinner or avocado, kidney beans, waffle and milk. When he was full he stayed very entertained by feeding us sections of waffle. Mmmm... milk soaked waffle. Yum.

No comments:
Post a Comment