Wednesday, October 11, 2006

2 Signs in 2 Days

LR suddenly picked up two new signs yesterday and today. Yesterday he started signing "home" each time we pulled into the driveway. He touches his right hand index finger to his cheek which is close enough for me to understand. Today he learned how to sign (and almost say) "again." I was bouncing him on my knee in front of a mirror and when I stopped I asked "again?" He confirmed by touching his right hand to his left palm, "again." He also says something that sounds like "again" when he signs it. We were even able to show Daddy the new skill this evening when he got home.

Otherwise LR had a nice day. Long nap in the morning and a quick afternoon one. He woke up a little cranky from the second nap and had a hard time at practice. It may be because it's starting to get cool here in the evenings. We ended practice early because we lost light anyway.

LR seemed to like the pumpkin muffins I made this afternoon and had a baby one with his dinner. He has really started to enjoy feeding us his leftovers when he's full after dinner.
It's becoming part of his routine.

We used the last of the formula this morning, so we've been on straight milk ever since. He doesn't seem to notice a difference luckily. I gave him the bottle at bedtime and he took more than half of it. Then I bounced him to sleep and put him in the crib. I've gotten in the habit of bouncing him again and I really should try just putting him in the crib after the bottle. It used to work, but with all the developmental milestones, he's been a bit more restless at night. Got a video monitor a few days ago, so checking him when I go to bed is a breeze. No more waking him up with creaky doors!

No comments: