LR has had a great rugby filled couple of days. On the last day of practice he once again spent some quality fun time on the scrum sled. The metal bars were nice and cold, so he sucked on them for awhile. It's hard to blame him with those 4 teeth coming through. One of my players, the team mom, showed up with an elephant suit for LR saying that she couldn't resist it when she saw it. Since I haven't gotten around to sewing his Halloween costume, I took it as a sign that I wasn't meant to make the clown costume this year. Next year though...
Saturday was brisk and windy, so after I left for game warm-ups, Daddy waited for LR to wake up from his nap and then got him ready to go. I imagine it involved feeding him, getting him into 2 layers plus the elephant suit, wrangling him into socks and shoes, and getting everything into the car. What a trooper Daddy is! They missed most of the A-side game, but arrived just in time to see us score our only points in the last few seconds.
(Must have been the elephant suit inspiring them.) As soon as Daddy arrived on the pitch with LR they were mobbed by admirers. It was parents weekend, so there were lots of people there. The crowd is actually behind him in the picture of him walking down the sideline. I have the feeling a lot of pictures of LR will be popping up on rugby websites. He also got into the team picture somehow. I'm lucky that the team is so good with him. They've really made it easy for me to coach this year. I know that they're always looking out for him.LR even kept the elephant hood on for awhile. I started to worry about him overheating though, so I pulled it off. The ears flopped around his face a bit too and since he wanted to walk around a bunch I figured it was just as well.
After the game we headed home and LR showed us how well he can sign. He picked up "lion," "cow," and "seal," and started making the "ba-a-a-a" sound when I showed him a sheep. He loved the sign for seal. It was easy since it's basically clapping. The accompanying barking was what made that sign really fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment