Just two weeks ago I was saying how healthy LR has been. I don't think I've seen him sick for months. Yesterday he started a fever early afternoon. Although the night went smoothly, today did not. His fever got as high as 103.6 even after a dose of Motrin and one of Tylenol in the late afternoon. I called the pediatrician and made Daddy come home from work just in case it went higher. He didn't eat much all day, but when Daddy came home, he found he had a small appetite. It was just enough to make it pretty gross when it came back up minutes later. Daddy put him straight in the bath and I ran a load of laundry (inadvertantly with a diaper in it *sigh*) . So after the bath and another dose of Motrin, the fever finally started to go down. He found his energy when it dipped below 100 and decided that instead of bedtime, it was playtime. I didn't mind. I was just so thrilled he was feeling okay.
Despite his awful day, LR is really ramping up with his signs and words. He mastered the sign for "more" today when asking for goldfish crackers. Then he made kissy sounds with Daddy while reading "Daddy Kisses." He also started using the baby sign for "dog" of panting although "doggie" is his absolute favorite word to say. That and "ball." Oh, and he finally started using his "Whack-a-mole" hammer on the coffee table. We were wondering how long that would take...
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment