Monday, October 09, 2006

Apple Picking

LR is officially a New Englander. We went apple picking today in Harvard, Ma (not the school, the town). LR sat in his stroller and gnawed on a big Cameo while we walked through the orchard picking those as well as Red Delicious, Macoun, and Cortland apples. It was unseasonably warm which made it a really pleasant day. We went with our friends and their son King J. King J was a little young to enjoy the apples, but I'm sure he'll get some cooked and mushy ones later this week.

LR was up at 5 again this morning, took a full bottle, then joined us for another hour and a half of sleep. I'm pretty sure he's hit a growth spurt which is why he's waking up early and hungry. We discovered that he has 2, not 1 tooth coming through, one on the bottom left and one on the top left. He's going to be a little lopsided for awhile. After apple picking we had a large and early dinner of leftover pot roast. Then he had a nice bath until he lightly banged his eyebrow on the side of the tub after trying to stand up. It hurt enough to end the bath. Tried to put Boo-boo Bunny (a washcloth Gigi cleverly tied into the shape of a bunny with a pocket big enough to hold an ice-cube in it) on it, but he was more interested in chewing on Boo-boo Bunny. I'll have to upload a picture of the bunny soon.

After bath we played chase Daddy and then a little of chase Mommy. Still seems to be his favorite game. Then he grabbed Daddy's hand, walked him into his nursery, grabbed his blanket, and laid down on the floor with it. Guess that was a sign. I made a bottle and he indicated he wanted to skip the books and go straight to the bottle tonight. Went to sleep right as he finished it. Tonight I get a chance to try out my new video monitor. I know it's overkill, but with the way his door squeaks, it's going to come in handy.

No comments: