Came home to a much recovered LR today. He didn't have a fever, but refused to take decent naps. When I put him in the bath this evening, I discovered a light pink rash up his back and a little around his tummy. The pediatrician had given me pamphlets on Roseola just in case. It starts with 2-4 days of fever with no other symptoms and then the fever disappears with the appearance of a light rash around the trunk. It's a relief to finally know. It's super contagious while he has the rash, so we'll be indoors the next day or two. By Sunday he should be completely in the clear. Can't think of what kid he came in contact with since the incubation time is 12 days.
In other news, LR has learned how to give us "5." I usually accompany the hand slap with a fun sound effect like "Wahkaaa!" Daddy has a different sound effect, but it has the same result, big smiles from LR.
I pulled out all the toys to try to keep an overtired LR entertained today. He's at the age where he doesn't look down to see where he's walking now that he's learned how to stay on his feet. He just tries to walk through or over toys with mixed results. Sometimes the paper or blanket slips out from under him and sometimes it flies across the room. Last night he was thrilled with a small, bright orange DHL box. It was an inch or two high, so he climbed on it and sat down. Then he got to his feet and pretended he was surfing. It must remind him of the rucking pad he liked to climb at practice. Speaking of, no more practices! Season is over and I think LR will miss the time we spent outside every day.
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment