LR spent the majority of today with Daddy. I had to go to an away rugby game and we decided it would be better for the boys to stay at home. Since Daddy had so many late nights this week, he was looking forward to some quality time with LR. They started with an early morning walk to the grocery store. Then LR took a quick nap (read: not long enough). Daddy tried giving him green beans for lunch which were reportedly "smushed around." I guess the grilled cheese went over better. Then they played for the better part of two hours. When I got home mid-afternoon, Daddy said that LR was happy and whiny which made me think another nap was in order. I gave him his afternoon bottle and rocked him to sleep. He took another hour nap and woke up pretty cranky. A few minutes of Sesame Street and all was well.
We went out to dinner and LR made friends with the six year old boy sitting at the table behind us. The boy introduced himself as Zelmo. I was quietly stunned. Zelmo? Elmo with a Z? Seriously? Hope he grows up to be a baseball player...
Bath time was fun and he seemed to be trying to say "duck" while in the tub. The faucet cover is a duck and he has a rubber duck to play with. At one point it was pretty clear, so I think we can safely say "duck" is his second word. Oh, and his fifth tooth is coming through on the bottom left. Hasn't made him too fussy so far, but maybe all those fussy moments from the past few days were tooth related. It's so hard to tell.
Saturday, October 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment