I guess he had a good time with Nanny M, but around 10:30 the house alarm went off. Really not sure how it went off, but it spooked LR (and the nanny), so they wandered around outside for awhile. Luckily Gigi was here and called Daddy who instructed her how to turn off the alarm. I came home soon after to find none of them worse for wear. LR had a big lunch of lasagna and avocado. Then LR and I played while I tried to get some chores done around the house. He went down for an afternoon nap for the fifth day in a row. A trend!
In the late afternoon D & H and their son King J came over. King J and LR were keenly interested in one another for the first time. LR tried to chew on King J's feet. Side note: LR has a serious foot fettish. He also tried to bite one of my player's feet yesterday and got his gums on the calf of another player who was laying on her stomach while I gave instructions for a drill. I had to watch him like a hawk to keep him from... well, from being an ankle biter. Anyway, they got to see LR in action. He and I played a game where he pulled my hair and I wriggled my head against his tummy. Hys-terical. I haven't heard him laugh that hard in a few days. Made all the hair pulling worth it. He may make me bald now, but my genes will make him bald later. It's only fair.Over the past few days I've seen a huge leap in LR's confidence while walking. He doesn't stutter step that first step anymore and he takes 5 or 6 consecutive steps regularly now. He still likes to jet if he gets both my hands for support, but he's obviously learning that he can do it by himself. Looking forward to taking him to homecoming tomorrow. The weather looks sunshiny but cool. Should be perfect rugby weather. He's going to stay at home for the game and nap while Gigi looks after him. After the game we'll come get him and take him to tailgating and then our new mom's 1 year reunion.

No comments:
Post a Comment