Friday, September 08, 2006

Perfect Day

LR had an absolutely perfect day yesterday. He woke up chipper around 6:30. Already an improvement on Wed where he napped all of one hour the entire day. What a basket case he was! Yesterday I was out the door early since it was the first day of rugby practice. Daddy had LR for about an hour before Gigi came upstairs. Daddy reported that they had a great time and a good sized breakfast. Gigi came up and took over a little early to help out with the new schedule. She said that LR went to sleep around 11:15 and woke up at 2:30. With such a nice long nap, he was in a good mood the rest of the day.

I left work around 4, picked up LR where he was waiting for me with a packed diaper bag, snack, and water bottle courtesy of Gigi, and went to rugby practice. When we got there I put a blanket on the ground for LR and gave him his yellow ball to play with. He was more interested in the rugby balls. He walked while holding my hands for awhile and watched the players run drills. He also yelled encouragement during one drill. I held him part of the time and let him crawl around part of the time. I did run back to him a couple of times to dig grass out of his mouth.

Luckily, he didn't fuss once while we were out and really seemed to enjoy himself. I got him home just in time for dinner. He ate pineapple, strawberries, avocado, and cheese. Then it was off to the bath. I had to drain the water with him sitting in the tub. His grasp of the sign "finish" is so strong now that he crawls away from me in the tub when I sign it to him. When in the highchair he knows he'll get picked up, so he frantically signs "finished!" when he's done. The bath, he runs away. Such a cutie.

After the bath I left him in just a diaper for a little while. While Gigi and I stood and talked, he crawled around his room, opened the drawer underneath his crib, and crawled in. I ran and got the camera and he obliged by staying in the drawer for a good long time. Got some nice shots which I'll try to post tonight. After getting him into PJs and playing a little more, it was bedtime. He didn't look one bit sleepy, but he drifted off to sleep quickly on the bottle and I put him down for the night. Everyone agreed it was one of LR's best days yet!

No comments: