Last night LR woke just as we were going to bed and started sobbing. I went in and picked him up, but it took a good five minutes to soothe him. I tried reading, bouncing, talking to him, but nothing worked. Finally I started singing to him and that cured him. I bounced him back to sleep and he went right into the crib. I was grateful since I had to get up early today, but I think it triggered a nasty nightmare I had about LR having some sort of traumatic injury. It made me extra happy to hear him babble to himself first thing in the morning. He's such a happy little guy.
LR is just so close to walking he can taste it! Today he stood for Gigi and squatted down, then stood up over and over. She thought he might take a step, but eventually he sat down instead. I came home and took him to practice this afternoon. He stood for the crowd of rookie and vets and did the same thing for them. They cheered as he stood back up and he clapped for himself as well - very proud of himself. Again, he didn't take a step, but every day he gains confidence in standing alone. He doesn't cry immediately if you let go of his hands anymore and he's stood still for about 20 seconds now.
He was fine during practice when one of my players distracted him, but he had to be far enough away from me for that to work. As soon as I was in his sights he was whining to be with me. It was a little chilly out - fall is definitely setting in - and his little nose turned red and dribbled. I felt bad, but he was dressed in a long-sleeved, heavy cotton jumpsuit, so I wasn't too worried. His hands were cold when we got in the car though. He fell asleep for the last two minutes of the ride and then woke up when we got home. He ate a good sized dinner of tofu, string cheese, cantaloupe, and corn on the cob. Gigi was nice enough to put an ear in the microwave for him and he gnawed on the end of it for awhile. I helped him out too. :)
Because of practice, I got him into the high chair late for dinner. That threw off the evening schedule and I didn't notice when I missed his bedtime by twenty minutes. Daddy asked if I was waiting for him to get tired. I said no, and he told me it was 8:20. Eek! I fixed a bottle and put the little guy right to bed. He didn't object. What an angel.
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment