LR had quite an evening. It started before his evening bath. I've been experimenting with undressing him in his room instead of the bathroom so that I don't have the pick up the clothes after the bath. It was working well until tonight. After undressing him, he sprinted off to the living room instead of the bathroom. I went to chase him down and he peed on the floor, then sat down, and put his hand in the puddle before I could get to him. I ran him to the bathroom, realized I couldn't leave him there alone; therefore, the puddle would have to stay on the floor, slowly seeping between the wood planks.
After the bath he climbed up onto the Pack N Play which was sitting on the far side of his crib. He's been doing that for a few days, but since it was no longer serving as a barrier from the wall outlet, I decided it was finally time to move the crib into the corner. That one thing snowballed and became 13 tasks I needed to accomplish before his bedtime. I cleaned out the bottom of his closet to make room for the Pack N Play. I carried the small bookshelf that had been in there out to his play area to make use of it as storage for his toys. Then I spent time cleaning and reorganizing his play area. (I know... rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.) Meanwhile LR is happily playing. Then I get back to his room to push the crib into the corner and I hear gagging on the far side of the crib. I leap over to LR and find he's throwing up with a half of a plastic Easter egg jammed in his mouth. I freed the plastic egg (and the waterfall of vomit) and got him into the bath again. Scary that things that just recently had been harmless are now incredibly dangerous. Daddy came home just in time to see me almost melt down and thankfully took LR and put him to bed. So now the outlets in his room are inaccessible once again. The Pack N Play is in a place where he won't be climbing on it any more. Finally, the plastic Easter eggs are in the trash. Tomorrow will be something else, I'm sure.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
so that's why daddy didnt stay on the phone for very long
-uncle keeper
Yeah, sorry about being completely frazzled on the phone. You called right after he got out of the third bath...
Post a Comment