Sunday, January 14, 2007

Pushing His Weight

While at Costco yesterday, Daddy took LR to play in the area beyond the registers while I checked out. They headed down the hallway to the bathrooms and found one of those big metal palette carts to push around. It had two palettes on it and he rolled it about 30 feet. Then he found another one with a Whirlpool Duet washer and pedestal on it. Daddy reports that LR put his back into it, grunted a few times, and started rolling the cart. He pushed it about 5 feet before Daddy pulled him away from it. I know he had a mechanical advantage, but the kid is freakishly strong.

I know it's just a few weeks past Xmas, but I went to Toys"R"Us and got LR a plastic basketball hoop to give him something active to do indoors during the winter. I've also found a baby gym that's open in the afternoons, so that will help. LR picked it the concept of putting the ball through the hoop in no time. Now everything goes through the hoop: balls, cars, food, plastic animals, etc. I like his enthusiasm.

Daddy seems to officially have a name. Not "Da-da," but "Ga-ga." LR knows how to say the D sound, but for some reason he won't use it. Sometimes instead of "doggie" we hear him say "goggie," so there must be some confusion there. Anyway, Daddy's the first one of us to have a name. It's just so cliche.

No comments: