
LR invented a game today. After lunch I was cleaning up in the kitchen when I noticed it got quiet in the laundry room where LR was playing. Since I couldn't see him I dried my hands and went to investigate. He had pulled out four rolls of Bounty
paper towels and stood them up on end. Then he was navigating the rolls, trying not to knock them over. If he knocked one over he'd go back and set it back up. I added a roll to his collection and then ran to get the camera. By the time I returned, I found exactly what you see in the first photo: 2 towers of 2 rolls each. It was like finding crop circles. Did he really do that?

After stacking them, he knocked them over and I arranged them for him to run through. He went back and forth through the obstacle course for a few minutes before wanting to stack them again. He took the outside rolls and made a tower in the center that was 3 rolls high. The only photo I got of it was blurry unfortunately.

Later in the day we played Bounty Bowling. I would help set up the rolls in a triangle and he would roll the large exercise ball into them. That helped keep him occupied while I made dinner, so I know I haven't seen the last of that game. Daddy has told me about how he and his brothers invented games like giving values to their baseball cards and playing a D&D like game with them.
Lego fit well in their father's guitar and matchbox cars found ramps all over the house. I was glad to see that LR has inherited his father's creativity when it comes to finding indoor entertainment. Good thing since today was cold and rainy!
No comments:
Post a Comment