Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tower, Train, and Acrobatics

I broke down and bought "The Learning Tower" for LR which arrived on Saturday. Daddy put it together and LR is just a fan of climbing out of it so far. Hopefully he'll get the idea that it's to keep him at counter height with me while I'm cooking.

I pulled out the Brio set we bought him for Xmas again yesterday and he loved playing with it. We had it on the coffee table for a while, but I ended up moving it onto the floor so that he'd be able to reach all the way around the track. He's not great at keeping the train on the track, but he certainly loves trying. He also says "train!" each time the commuter train goes by our house and he's started signing "plane" when he hears a plane going over. I think those are his favorite signs right now.

Yesterday we saw him sign "water" for the first time while splashing through a huge puddle. We had to go to the rugby practice field so that I could install a new lock on the field box. It was raining and Daddy decided there was no way LR was going to stay dry, so he let him walk ankle-deep into a large puddle. As he walked into the puddle he put his hand to his mouth and clearly signed "water." Then he made it halfway through and stopped and signed "cold." That was when I realized that I didn't want to go into the puddle to get him, so Daddy and I vigorously coaxed him to the other side of the puddle. He made it but was irritated when we wanted to get him into the car. Apparently the 40 degree and rainy weather agrees with him.

This last picture is of LR from this evening. He's practicing his circus tricks. At first we thought we should stop him from doing it, but he was so careful that about it, that eventually I grabbed the camera and snapped this photo. After going up and down half a dozen times he bored of it and moved onto something else. Was fun to watch though!

No comments: