Monday, January 08, 2007

Fake Laugh

LR had a tough time waking up from his nap Sunday afternoon, but I was in the middle of my nap too, so he joined me out on the couch for a little while. We've been working on getting him to nap without a bottle for 2 weeks now. You'd think it would get easier. He cries for only a few minutes for the morning nap, but in the afternoon it's hit or miss. Today he cried for 20 minutes before settling down.

Between naps, LR and I went to his first "Music Together" class. I was a little irked when we arrived because the directions to the karate studio where the music classes are held were poor. The teacher immediately pulled out an acoustic guitar which LR went right up to and wanted to play since Daddy lets him play one at home. I had to drag him away a couple of times. LR then danced in the middle of the circle and spun around until he fell down. I'm pretty sure he really enjoyed it. He also actually interacted with another little girl. She would hold out an egg shaker to him, he would take it, and then laugh his fake laugh. By the time she had handed and he had taken half a dozen eggs, his forced, fake laugh had me and the mom next to me laughing.

No comments: