Saturday, January 06, 2007

Word List

A bunch of people have asked me recently about the number of words LR says. I have hand waved that he says a dozen words and signs 2 dozen. Yesterday I sat down to actually think about it and found he knows a lot more than that. I broke them down into 3 lists: sign, spoken, and understood (neither signed nor spoken). The spoken words are often clarified with a sign, so we're glad he's using sign language as well. Otherwise, "car" sounds like "cold" and "bath" sounds like "ball." Oh, and "hungry" and "big" are new signs this week.

Sign Words
waterplanetraincar
coldbathsunbear
cathungrydogelephant
zebralionmoreagain
boatfinishedfishpancake
butterflyhotmilk/bottlecorn
teethiceice creamcheese
ballElmobig


Spoken Words
bottlecoldtraincar
bathcatdogmore
againboatcornteeth
icecheeseballBob
bigelephant(noise)fishpancake
butterflychairbibhot
crackerbusbikekick
bowlcupdip-dip
beep-beep


Understood Words
noplayoutsidefood
MommyDaddyGigipizza
give me 5Cheeriosthrowblanket
sitanimalmonkeycow
guitar




So I guess it's a few more than a couple dozen.

2 comments:

Mazurka said...

I gotta know... what's the sign for Elmo?

Rugger Mom said...

We might have made it up, but somewhere in my memory banks I have that the sign for Elmo is shaking the letter E.