For the past week or two whenever a nanny leaves the house, he runs up to them while they're putting their coats on and asks to be picked up. I thought it was because he wanted to go over the gate and he knew they were heading that way, but this week I noticed that he is specifically giving them a hug. Today he wrapped his arms around Nanny M's neck and put his head on her shoulder... definitely a hug. Then she put him down and he continued on without screaming to go over the gate. I asked him where my hug was. He looked at me and went back to playing with his trains. He did the same thing yesterday with Nanny A.
Luckily, not all is lost. I've taught him the Eskimo kiss. I can't remember what made me start giving them to him last week, but now if I ask for an Eskimo kiss, he puts his face close to mine and smiles as we rub noses. It's the best.
He's not such a toughie after all.

1 comment:
Sticks! Some of Bud's best friends are sticks.
Bud is just starting to get the hang of giving kisses. For a long time you'd ask him for a kiss and he'd present his cheek to you. I'll have to start on the eskimo kisses... I'll bet he'll like those.
Post a Comment