The little guy is finally sleeping through the night. We let him cry it out the weekend before last. We started on Friday just in case he cried often during the night. I didn't want to have to work after a night like that. So I put him to bed normally and then the first time he woke up, we left him in there. He cried for 18 minutes, fell back asleep and then I didn't hear from him again until 3am. He whimpered a bit and fell back asleep. Same thing at 4am and 5am. Then I woke him up at 7am to start the day. Saturday night he cried for 12 minutes, slept for an hour, cried for 5 more minutes, then slept through the night. Sunday night he cried for 5 minutes and then vomited all over himself. Little setback. Derek rocked him back to sleep and he slept through the night.
As a result, he's been great all week. Gigi reports that he's less fussy during the day and napping more consistently. I've yet to see it since this weekend he was recovering from his six month shots. He had a fever on Saturday and felt generally crummy on Sunday. Today he seems to have recovered completely. He's been waking up somewhere between 5 and 6am, but I'm not complaining. I haven't had this much sleep since he was born. Derek and I even got in a nice bike ride through the Fells on Sunday while Gigi looked after him. The weather was beautiful this weekend and we wanted to take advantage of it.
Discovered that Hudson wasn't as big as we thought. His six month visit revealed that he's 18 pounds and 12 ounces. Guess we didn't have to run out and get that new car seat. *doh* He's 27 inches long and has a good size noggin. 50th percentile for length, 55th for weight, and 70th for head circumference.
His sleeping through the night allowed me to eliminate the night feeding last week. Today is the first day that I will only pump once instead if twice at work. So far, so good. Now that everything is settling into place, I'm sure he'll throw us a curve ball, but in the meantime, I'm pretty content.
Monday, April 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment