Thursday, April 20, 2006

Signing Fun

Last night Hudson went to bed at 7:30pm. He's finally recalibrated from the daylight savings shift, but now he's getting up earlier. This morning I heard him at 5:15am, but he went back to sleep. Then I heard him again at 5:40 and he started playing with his crib aquarium. I knew he was up for good at that point, so I went in and got him. I changed him and he ate. Then Derek and I took turns playing with him while we got ready for work. By 7:30 he was tired, so I nursed him back to sleep and snuck out the door when Gigi came upstairs for the day.

Like his cousin Hudson is definitely starting to pick up on signs. He's completely familiar with the sign for milk and looks for the bottle each time we sign it. He also has the hang of 'food,' 'mommy,' and 'daddy' and breaks into a huge grin whenever he understands a sign. He just started signing milk a few days ago although he hasn't used it to ask for milk yet. He just signs it in response to our sign. Because of his new skill, we've ramped up the use of sign. I try to sign 'more' and 'finished' during dinner. I also try to sign his sign name when I say it. We made his sign name from a cross of the letter H and the sign for cute. Gigi and Hudson are starting a sign and song class at the end of April which should be a ton of fun and very helpful.

No comments: