Another early morning! Gigi put him to sleep last night while I ran out to the gym. He was restless during the night. I heard him multiple times before I went to bed and then he woke up at 4:25am and wouldn't go back to sleep. I think he was hungry, but it's hard to tell. By 5am, I was pretty tired of it, so I went and got him and nursed him back to sleep. Tried to put him in his crib, but he wasn't having any of it. So I scooped him up and took him to bed with me. I laid down with him resting on my arm. We were face to face and when I saw his eyes were closed, I closed mine. That's when I heard "pptththhh, ppttthhhpth." I opened my eyes to find him half asleep, practicing his latest skill of blowing raspberries. They were the softest little raspberries I've ever seen.
We slept another half hour maybe before he decided he wanted to be up for the day. Needless to say, I'm pretty exhausted now.
Last night he was able to feed himself fruit puffs while Gigi and I ate dinner. We started him on these puffs last Saturday, I think, and within 5 days he has picked up the necessary skill. It was fun to watch the progression. He still doesn't really pinch the puffs in his fingers. He tends to get it in his palm and then shove half his hand into his mouth. Whatever works!
Friday, April 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
While Bud was learning how to handle the fruit puffs, he would occasionally gag himself when the puff was stuck to the base of his palm, near the wrist. He'd try to jam his whole hand into his mouth the get it. We'd try not to laugh, but it was pretty funny.
Good to know it runs in the family. ;)
Post a Comment