Monday, April 24, 2006

New morning routine

So with Daddy gone, I've got to adjust my morning routine a little. Luckily Hudson decided to help out this morning by getting up at 5:45am. I fed him and then dragged his exersaucer into the bathroom. Of course, it didn't fit horizontally, so I had to set Hudson down and wrestle the thing in sideways. Then I plunked him into it and made sure it was far enough away from the radiator. (Our heat is back on now that the weather has turned cold again.) He was pretty fascinated by my morning shower routine and I was grateful that we have a clear shower curtain. By the time I was out and dried off, I was starting to worry about how long he'd been craning his neck. He really didn't seem to mind. I'm sure by the end of the week it'll be old hat for him and he'll be back to chewing on all the toys on his exersaucer.

He's just started showing signs of separation anxiety. He called out a little bit this morning when I left for work and yesterday he didn't want to be left alone on his play mat. Yesterday we had our friends Isola and Reid over to play, so we sat behind the boys while they played and we chatted. Every few minutes Hudson turned around to give me a hug. He would then turn back to his toys. He was just spot checking to make sure I hadn't run off.

This week we're going to start using a bottle to put him to sleep. I'm sure he won't be thrilled, but the night time routine has been so easy that I'm most optimistic about eliminating that nursing session next. By the time Daddy gets back, I won't have to be the one putting him to bed anymore! Actually, Daddy has put him to bed more than a few times and it works, but it's easier for me and Hudson falls asleep faster.

No comments: