Hudson has a new toy! Gigi took him to Toys R Us and picked up a toy phone. He nearly ripped it out of the packaging in the store and she had to wrestle it away from him to pay for it. Apparently, it was nice a soggy for the cashier. It plays a ton of tunes, counts, flashes different colored lights, etc. He loves it. Whenever I'm on the phone, I can now hand him the toy phone instead of playing a game of keep away with the real one. (It's right up there with his favorite game, "Ouch, that's mommy's hair.")
Hudson has two types of kisses. One I'm still convinced is his sign for "I'm hungry." The first time he sees me in the morning or when I get home from work, he greets me with a giant open mouth slobber on my cheek. If he's particularly hungry, I get them until half my face is wet. The other one he does over and over during the day. He presses his lips together until they're thin and then smacks. We all smack back at him.
He now recognizes a handful of songs. Every morning I greet him with Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah. During the day we sing and sign the Itsy Bitsy Spider. At night I put him to bed with Hush Little Baby. Each time he hears one of the songs he breaks into a great big grin. Derek sings Weak and Powerless (by A Perfect Circle) at bedtime and he seems to know that one too. I've tried the Disney Sing Along video tapes with him, but he's not that interested yet. Soon though!
Friday, April 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment