Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy 34th Daddy!

Happy Birthday Daddy! You are an amazing dad to these kids. Someday you'll look back at the changes this past year brought and think, "why didn't I just pack some underwear in a picnic basket and run." But then you'll look at your artist, cheerleader, and astronaut (in no particular order) children and think, "I spent 12 million dollars for you to be a god damn artist!" And then you'll pony up for the gallery opening, put on a tie for the first time in 25 years, and look in the mirror at the gray scruff. I'll comb your eyebrows and tell you for the billionth time what a good dad you are. That J Frog looks just like you. That Missy's personality is just like yours. And that LR is nothing like you - from which you take solace.

We love you today and tomorrow. We also hope your eyebrow hair doesn't really get that long.
XO,
RuggerMom

1 comment:

Helene said...

What a hilarious post!!! I laughed hard over the "underwear in a picnic basket" comment!! Happy birthday to your husband!!!!