
We've been a little light on the photos of LR, so here is an almost all LR photo post.
Last Thursday we had Chrissy with us so that Abra could have a dentist appointment for a toothache. Her wisdom teeth are coming in. So, rather than spend $10,000 out of pocket... that's right, 10K... you heard me. Anyone want to tell me our health care

system isn't broken now? We are sending her home to South Africa to see family and go to the government hospital where she can get them removed for free. I'm not saying we don't have the best health care in the world. We do for the people who can afford it. We have the best doctors and nurses (Cheers, Papa, Grandma Nese, Gigi, and soon Uncle Keeper), cutting edge technology, beautiful facilities, etc., but there is absolutely no way someone like Abra who is here without dental insurance, could pay for something like this. She might get it done, but she'd be on the next plane home. We're just lucky that she has one more month to travel home before her visa is within 2 months of year end. Apparently, it's tough to get back in the country when you have less than 2 months left on your visa. So we have to say goodbye to Abra for a couple of weeks in Sept. Not really sure what we'll do without her - other than beg and plead with Grandma Nese to come visit. :)

Anyway, we packed everyone up for a quick trip to the small Stone Zoo around the corner from our house when we got home from the dentist. They have a new black bear exhibit and a baby jaguar since our last trip. LR really enjoyed watching the bears from his stroller and then getting right up next to the glass where the jaguars were "playing." I think it was play, but you can see from the picture that Mama jaguar took Baby jaguar's entire head in her mouth. LR thought it was pretty hysterical. He was packed in with a bunch of kids, so I could barely see him, but I could definitely hear his scream/laugh every time Mama knocked around Baby.

LR also loves the little playground at the back of the zoo where there is
usually a train for him to ride, but since the zoo was about to close, they shut it down early. LR was disappointed, so I let him ride the helicopter before we left. It wasn't nearly as good as the train, so he seemed a little deflated. I'll be sure we ride the train first next time so that we don't get to it so close to closing time. Then LR helped Abra load the babies into the car. He always leans over the seat and entertains them while we pop their car seats into the docks. More screaming from LR, but less screaming from babies. I'll take it!

This is what I call parenting! "Don't make me put your entire head in my mouth again, cuz I'll do it!"
2 comments:
That's the best quote at the end...I love it!! If I could fit my mouth around my kids' heads to get them to be quiet, I might consider doing the same thing!!
Glad you all had fun at the zoo! I love reading your posts about your kids...I can always relate!
10K for wisdom teeth? That's unreal. We actually paid Keith's out of pocket a few years ago (before I had tenure, and I couldn't get dental for my spouse) and it was only like $2,500. We just bit the bullet and paid it.
Post a Comment